Alice Springs is a remote desert town located in the heart of the Northern Territory, Australia. Known for its unique desert landscape, rich Indigenous culture, and outdoor activities, Alice Springs is a popular destination for tourists looking for an adventure.
If you’re planning a trip to Alice Springs, here’s a suggested itinerary to help you make the most of your time:
- Arrive in the morning and check into your hotel.
- Take a stroll along the Todd River, which runs through the center of the town.
- In the afternoon, visit the Alice Springs Desert Park, where you can learn about the desert’s ecosystem and see a wide variety of desert animals.
- Start the day with a visit to the Royal Flying Doctor Service, where you can learn about the service that serves the remote areas of Australia and see the aircrafts and equipment used.
- After lunch, take a trip to the Anzac Hill, where you can see a panoramic view of the town and the surrounding desert.
- Spend the morning at the Alice Springs Cultural Precinct, where you can learn about the Indigenous culture of the region, visit the Araluen Arts Centre, and see the Strehlow Research Centre.
- In the afternoon, take a trip to the Simpson’s Gap, a beautiful gorge located in the West MacDonnell Ranges, where you can go hiking and see the rock wallabies.
- Take a day trip to the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, a World Heritage Site located about 450km from Alice Springs. Here you can see the iconic Uluru and Kata Tjuta rock formation and learn about the Indigenous culture.
- In the evening, head back to Alice Springs for a night out, with a wide variety of restaurants, bars, and clubs to choose from.
Alice Springs is a truly unique destination, where you can experience the rugged beauty of the desert, the rich Indigenous culture and history, and the outdoor activities. With its remote location, unique culture, and natural wonders, Alice Springs is a destination that should be on every traveler’s list.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.